lundi 6 juillet 2015

Running VtM Sandbox Part 2

So I took everyone's advice and focused on using the Lazy GM (the book) approach (1-3 motivated antagonists, 1-3 interesting NPCs, etc.). Worked (Yay), but here are my new problems.

1. I ended up with some significant plot holes (because I made some stuff up of course) that I'm not sure how to fill. How do you handle this?

2. Because we're doing a VTM Sandbox AND one of the players knows a lot more about VtM than I ever will (running LARPs for years), all of the "plots" of the Vampire NPC's seem heavy-handed and dumb, not the kind of complex political plotting that the setting says exists.

a. is there some kind of mechanical sub-system I can use (from a supplement or something) that will let me simulate the elders being as clever as they're supposed to be. For example, I can easily simulate excellent swordsmen by giving the elder 5 dots in Melee w/ a specialty in Swords. Is there some political/scheming subsystem I can use?

b. failing 1.a, is there a generic list of cool political scheme plots I can re-skin (I've tried watching Game of Thrones and House of Cards for ideas but I'm just bad at this), e.g.,

- Make your target look bad by finding out what one of his/her plots are and "breaking" it so it achieves some other end.
- Framing your target as committing some offence


Running VtM Sandbox Part 2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire