Previously, I posted a thread for opinions from others on towing with their Ford Escape Hybrids. Well, we've done it - and here's the truth from someone who has!
The 2009 (as well as other years) is rated at 1000 lb Maximum Towing Capacity. Using my logical thinking, I thought: If the equivalent vehicle in a non-hybrid (V6) which supposedly has equal horsepower with the combination of the electric and regular motor can tow 3500 pounds, why can't I tow at least 2000? Well, we did! We had a Curt Class III Hitch installed on our FEH and behind it was our new Seaswirl 175 Bowrider Boat. It weighs approximately 2000 lbs.
The 2009 (as well as other years) is rated at 1000 lb Maximum Towing Capacity. Using my logical thinking, I thought: If the equivalent vehicle in a non-hybrid (V6) which supposedly has equal horsepower with the combination of the electric and regular motor can tow 3500 pounds, why can't I tow at least 2000? Well, we did! We had a Curt Class III Hitch installed on our FEH and behind it was our new Seaswirl 175 Bowrider Boat. It weighs approximately 2000 lbs.
Previously,
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire